Faith is an Action Word

I believe that anything in life can be achieved with just a little bit of enthusiasm. Dedication is the start but smiling is what gets you through. Technically happiness is a state of being, but personally, I think of it as a goal. Everyday I set the goal to be happy. Some days I fail; other days I over achieve. Subsequently I start off my day the same... With a smile on my face having the faith that my day will be better than the one before.

Saturday, December 7, 2013

The Unique Kitty Reminder

Growing up I LOVED cats.  Whenever I met one it instantly became my new best friend.  My friends in high school would always joke that I was "most likely to become the weird cat lady down the street."  Although this comment was for comic relief it was somewhat true. But Heavenly Father knew my adoring love for cats so he made me allergic to them so I would be monitored on how many cats I could handle.

The other night Sister Corbett and I went over to meet with 9 year old Kiernin.   Just two weeks ago she and her brother Andrew entered to the beautiful waters of baptism.  As we entered the house I noticed a charming tom cat purring on the arm of a love seat.  I was taken back at the resemblance it had to my previous cat Stretch.  As the conversation progressed I commented about how similar this cat was to the last cat I had 3 years ago.  Jokingly we stated that maybe it was my cat.  This brought us to the subject that we all have unique spirits.  Just like our finger prints we are each different.  Yes this cat could have been Stretch's long lost brother but it was not him exactly.

God created us to be different.  

I love the quote by Mary Ellen Smoot.
"Truly, we may each be an instrument in the hands of God. Happily, we need not all be the same kind of instrument. Just as the instruments in an orchestra differ in size, shape, and sound, we too are different from one another. We have different talents and inclinations, but just as the French horn cannot duplicate the sound of the piccolo, neither is it necessary for us to all serve the Lord in the same way."

May we all embrace the uniqueness of our spirits.  Although being allergic to cats makes me sad and at times in my life I have been annoyed with that trait, I can see that I was created that way for a reason.  It has made me appreciate benadryl that's for sure! YAY for modern medication!

1 comment:

  1. Jess I love how you can take meeting a cat and can relate it to how heavenly father sees us. You have an amazing outlook about life! I love all your posts and enjoying re ading and rereading them. They have brought me to think.differently about what we believe. Love mom

    ReplyDelete