Faith is an Action Word

I believe that anything in life can be achieved with just a little bit of enthusiasm. Dedication is the start but smiling is what gets you through. Technically happiness is a state of being, but personally, I think of it as a goal. Everyday I set the goal to be happy. Some days I fail; other days I over achieve. Subsequently I start off my day the same... With a smile on my face having the faith that my day will be better than the one before.

Friday, December 27, 2013

Phone Call Home


Prayer is such a powerful act.  It is the special way that we can communicate with our father in heaven.  When thinking about this tool I began to ponder if I use it wisely.  When calling my family on Christmas day I tried to do my very best with telling then as much as I could during the time I was allowed.  Never a silent moment.   Do I do that with God.  Do I make sure I say all that I need to say and really think about what I want to talk to him about.  That phone call Christmas day was the greatest gift I have ever received this time of year.  I hope that I can continue to appreciate the gift of not only my family but my father in heaven.  

Love, Sister Jessica Ivins


1 comment:

  1. Jessica, (Sister Ivins)

    Your phone call was the greatest gift we could have received. To hear (and see) you was such a blessing to a father who prays for your wellbeing daily. From a fathers' perspective I looked forward to hearing from you with anticipation. I'm certain that our Heavenly Father anticipates hearing from us too. I'm writing my talk about conversion and I'm using many of your quotes for my material. Thank you for the lessons you are learning in the mission field and being so sensitive to the Spirit.

    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete