Faith is an Action Word

I believe that anything in life can be achieved with just a little bit of enthusiasm. Dedication is the start but smiling is what gets you through. Technically happiness is a state of being, but personally, I think of it as a goal. Everyday I set the goal to be happy. Some days I fail; other days I over achieve. Subsequently I start off my day the same... With a smile on my face having the faith that my day will be better than the one before.

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Doubt Your Doubt

I think one of Satan's greatest tools is doubt.  I often doubt my ability to overcome, to help, and to change.  I tend to doubt the advice from family, friends, and sometimes my heavenly father.  All love me and want the best for me but it is doubt that holds me back from the potential that I can become.  When re-listening to October 2013 General Conference I was reminded by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf these simple truths: 

"Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters—my dear friends—please, first doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith. We must never allow doubt to hold us prisoner and keep us from the divine love, peace, and gifts that come through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ."
His council to not doubt is a reoccurring theme in the scriptures:

D&C 6:36 Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not. 

Mormon 9:21 Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth. 

D&C 8:8 Therefore, doubt not, for it is the gift of God; and you shall hold it in your hands, and do marvelous works; and no power shall be able to take it away out of your hands, for it is the work of God. 
We all need to remember to ALWAYS turn towards Christ in times of doubt. Not away.  When researching Ford Truck we don't go to the negative sights to learn about it.  We go to the Ford sight researching and asking questions.  There we will find the most accurate knowledge.  The Gospel is the same way.  If we have questions or doubt do not turn to the world to help you understand.  Turn to him. Through prayer, scripture study, and following the example of Jesus Christ we can find the truths to ALL doubts.  

Love, Sister Ivins 


No comments:

Post a Comment