Faith is an Action Word

I believe that anything in life can be achieved with just a little bit of enthusiasm. Dedication is the start but smiling is what gets you through. Technically happiness is a state of being, but personally, I think of it as a goal. Everyday I set the goal to be happy. Some days I fail; other days I over achieve. Subsequently I start off my day the same... With a smile on my face having the faith that my day will be better than the one before.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Magnifying Talents





When I was a young girl I used to practice my handwriting.  To this day I have notebooks filled with the alphabet.  I would admire my mothers beautiful calligraphy and try my very best to achieve what she had.  I even went to the extreme of tracing her letters over and over again to capture her perfect letters.  Now about 12 years later I have the talent of good handwriting.  Even the degree I am achieving has a "handwriting" segment.  I consider now all that hard work turned into a talent.  


In Matthew 25 Jesus Christ gives the parable of the talents.  In this lesson he gives one servant 5 talents (money in that time), another servant 2 talents, and the last servant 1 talent.  The servant that was given 5 talents later came to the Savior and says I have gained 5 talents more from the 5 you gave me.  Making him have 10 talents.  The next servant first having 2 comes with four again basically saying I have magnified what you gave me to give it back to you in return.  I love how the Lord responds to these faithful disciples in verse 21:







"Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord." 

Lastly the final servant comes to Jesus and basically says "I buried my talent to preserve it. I was afraid I would loose it." Although he was being safe he did not use the potential he could of had.  

I thought about this for a long time.  How many opportunities have I missed due too not wanting to get out of my shell.  Heavenly Father has given us many many talents but we must put forward the effort in mastering them.  Overall,  I am grateful for the gifts that God has given me to magnify :)   

1 comment:

  1. In had no idea that you would watch the way that I wrote and wanted to be like me. I always enjoyed watching my father write because he had such wonderful hand writing and I wanted to write like him. You have other talents that I do not have. Last you your talent of drawing really unfolded as you took the classes. I was so amazed at the pictures that you could draw!!! Thank you for reminding me about our talents and that we should not hid them!!! Hugs Mom

    ReplyDelete